While the large and extremely complex machines and equipment in the manufacturing industry are known as the major playmaker during a production process, other small but important components and parts such as the conveyor system also have a role to play in the overall success of the entire system.
And for the conveyor system, the conveyor roller covers are some important members of the conveyor family.
However, to get the best conveyor roller covers that will stand the test of time as well as your production needs, partnering with a professional manufacturer is the best way to go about it.
Without much ado, let’s take a quick overview of important aspects of the conveyor roller covers.
Materials For Conveyor Roller Covers
The conveyor roller covers function in various ways both in a light manufacturing to heavy duty conveyor systems. For this reason, they are made of high-quality materials that give them strength and durability to withstand various production pressures.
Based on the type of product to be conveyed as well as the conveyor needs, conveyor, roller covers comes in various materials and textures as seen below;
These types of conveyor roller covers are usually tight fit, sift, and flexible, and they are most suitable for providing traction for inclines and food transfer lines.
These are hard, loose fit and a non-flexible component of the conveyor system that keeps the product moving even after the rollers have stopped.
Vinyl materials on the conveyor system are usually tight fit, flexible, and sot that provides chemical resistance around corrosive parts.
Applications of Conveyor Roller Covers
Conveyor roller covers have different functions and applications to the overall function of the conveyor system. some common uses of the conveyor roller covers include;
•Providing traction for incline/declines
•Movement of the products when rollers stop
•Cushioning delicate products
•Reduce marring and scratching of product
Conveyor Roller Covers Installation and Dimensions
1. The flexible and soft vinyl and urethane covers are a tight fit component which can be installed using air tool for easy sliding of the covers along with the roller.
2. The UHMW is a hard, non-flexible roller cover which is also a loose fit with an inner dimension diameter of about 1/8incheas, and it is bigger than the roller to enhance a loose fit and a slip-on.
3. The roller covers usually come in a length of about 5 inches which you can easily cut to the desired roller length.
4. In order to provide a tight fit, the internal dimension of the polyurethane slip is usually smaller when compared to the external dimension of the metal roller.
5. With the aid of a sleeve installation air gun tool, push the roller cover over the metal roller for a perfect tight fit.
6. However, due to the likelihood of accidents, endeavor to use personal protective gear such as safety glasses, earplugs, and gloves while carrying out these operations.
Conveyor roller covers are one of the important components of the entire manufacturing line of most production companies.
Due to their function in the movement of finished products to the packaging terminal, reduction of noise as well as the cushioning of delicate products, conveyor roller covers have to be fixed properly using the right material and dimension to ensure a smooth production process.
And most importantly, purchasing conveyor roller covers from a reputable manufacturer remains the best way to get more bang for your money.